Wednesday, April 23, 2014

MINE! MINE!

The Howler has developed the lovely habit of taking my stuff. It started out funny:  a pair of shoes, a brand-new pair of jeans... we've now progressed to my walking around like a crazy person.

"STOP DESTROYING MY PENCILS!"

"YOU OWE ME $1 TO REPLACE THE 400 PAPERCLIPS YOU'VE TAKEN!"

and my personal favorite:

"I WANT MY SCISSORS BACK!"

A few years ago, I went batshit crazy looking for left-handed scissors. When I finally found where in they hide them, I about died from the sticker shock. They were more expensive than the pinking shears I needed 4 years ago (and them suckers wasn't cheap neither!) Does the child use them? Oh hell no.

The child, who is obviously getting more and more like her brother, actually told me tonight that she can't use the left-handed scissors anyway. So I'm all "WHAT?!" and she said, "Yeah, they don't work right for me either." (Used as right-handed scissors, they just kinda cut, kinda gently tear the paper in an annoying uncontrolled way. GRRRRRR, I say!)

I asked her if she tried using them with her left hand...she admitted, that, why, no, she didn't.

I asked her if she knew she was left handed.

She actually looked surprised to hear it.

Can you guess what that popping noise was?

No comments: